Cosmetic Dentistry in Fallston, MD
Do you wish you could smile without feeling embarrassed? Do you hate the way your teeth look? Since your smile is the first thing people often notice about you, the way your teeth look will make an impression. Cosmetic dentistry treatments have the power to fix your cosmetic concerns and help you regain confidence.
Harford County Dentistry is family dentistry office that also provides superior cosmetic dentistry services in Fallston, MD. We will consider both general dentistry and cosmetic dentistry together. The first step with every client is to establish a healthy oral foundation. We will address issues such as periodontal (gum) disease, tooth decay, or malocclusion. Then we will address your cosmetic concerns.
Cosmetic Dentistry Treatments
Cosmetic treatments are an investment in your confidence. But did you know that they can also affect your long-term dental health? This is why it is so important to find a highly trained cosmetic dentist with the right experience. We offer a full range of cosmetic dental care. Our goal is provide each patient with a treatment plan that delivers beautiful, healthy smiles. Your Smile Design may include one or more of the following treatments:
- Teeth Whitening – Our teeth whitening treatment can whiten your teeth by up to 8 shades. It is a painless and fast treatment that we can complete in about an hour. It is the most affordable way to instantly improve the appearance of your teeth. To learn more about the teeth whitening services in our office, see Teeth Whitening.
- Invisalign clear braces – This clear aligner system can straighten your teeth just as well as braces. It involves wearing clear aligners that are discreet and removable. You will switch out the aligners every week to slowly move your teeth into alignment. Invisalign is more suitable for less severe tooth misalignment, however they can straighten your smile in anywhere from 12-18 months. To learn more about how Invisalign can straighten your smile, see Invisalign.
- Porcelain veneers – Porcelain veneers has the power to give you a perfect smile. They whiten teeth and hide all the blemishes. Your dentist will bond a thin porcelain shell to the front and sides of each tooth you are treating. This will instantly make your teeth look healthy, straight, and bright. They are also extremely durable, which can help them to restore aesthetics and function to your bite. To learn more about how porcelain veneers can restore your smile, see Porcelain Veneers.
- Porcelain dental crowns – We also use dental crowns for cosmetic reasons. They can hide any tooth damage and whiten the tooth. A porcelain dental crown mimic the appearance of a natural tooth. They are matched to the exact color, shape, and size of your natural tooth to blend in seamlessly with the rest of your smile. To learn more about dental crowns in our office, see Dental Crown.
- Cosmetic tooth bonding – For minor cosmetic problems, your dentist may recommend cosmetic dental bonding. This is a very affordable treatment that your dentist can complete in a single office visit. Bonding is extremely durable and can restore function and aesthetics to your smile.
Making Over Smiles in Harford County
We work closely with each patient that wants to improve their smile. The key to lasting results is treatment planning that takes into account both aesthetics and function. In doing this, we address any underlying dental problems that may compromise your results. We will present you with your options that will help you achieve your cosmetic goals while also supporting your oral health.
A smile that looks good will boost your self-confidence. The right cosmetic dental treatment can help you enjoy the many benefits of good oral health. It may even have a positive impact on your social and professional interactions.
What to Expect
Before beginning a smile makeover, we will need to evaluate your smile first. Here, we can establish the current state of your oral health. You will share with what you like and dislike about your smile. Several options will be presented to you based on your goals, budget, and health. Last, we will create a treatment plan that will give you a natural-looking, beautiful smile. Our helpful office staff will schedule all your appointments and help you with payments and billing. We will go through each step of the process with you before beginning to ensure that you understand the purpose and care needed for each step of treatment.
Brighten your Smile with At-Home Teeth Whitening
At home professional teeth whitening has become more popular and cost effective. It is an effective alternative to professional in office teeth whitening. This treatment involves using a bleaching agent and custom trays. We will make your trays using dental impressions of your teeth. The custom bleaching trays will keep the bleaching products concentrated on tooth surfaces and away from soft mouth tissue. This will reduce side effects such as tooth sensitivity and gum irritation. It is always important to avoid getting the whitening solution on your gums as this may cause sensitivity.
Take home teeth whitening will provide gradual results that are better than store bought options. Your new smile will last for a year or more. Periodic touch ups can help to maintain the results. Avoiding tobacco and dark beverages, such as coffee and red wine, will help your treatment last longer. We recommend that patients avoid deeply colored beverages as they are likely to stain the surface of teeth, removing the effects of whitening treatment.
Professional teeth whitening does have limits. Coffee, soda, and tea can lead to yellow stains that respond very well to bleaching. However, brown and grey stains typically do not. These may come from tooth deterioration or from medication. Additionally, dental restorations such as dental crowns, dental veneers, or tooth bonding cannot be treated with professional whitening. These are color matched to the exact shade of your natural tooth enamel and are stain resistant, so if your teeth become stained after you receive one of these restorations they may not match. A quick consultation will help you determine if you qualify for a whitening treatment.
Schedule A Smile Design Consultation
Harford County Dentistry is a family friendly dental practice. We offer cosmetic dentistry in Bel Air, MD and surrounding communities. We provide dental treatment to patients of all ages in our state of the art dentist office. Call our team at 410-994-2627 to schedule a dental exam or request an appointment online.