Modern dentistry has evolved into a number of specialized fields that can address almost any dental health problem. Harford County Dentistry helps patients keep their natural teeth in good health for a lifetime!
While preventive care and general dentistry are the foundation at Harford County Dentistry near Bel Air, MD, we devote a special focus towards the treatment of complex dental problems, including: missing teeth, broken or damaged teeth, gum disease, and malocclusion. With practical, conservative treatments, Dr. Melissa Elliott can help you restore the smile you deserve.
What is Restorative Dentistry?
Restorative dentistry is focused on restoring health, aesthetics, and function to teeth that are broken, worn-down or missing. The number one goal is to avoid the need for a tooth extraction as much as possible. It should always be in your best interest to keep your natural teeth, as this also supports a healthy bite.
Losing a tooth can lead to bone loss in the jaw and shifting in other teeth, which can disrupt your natural bite function.
Dr. Elliott devotes significant time to post graduate education in the treatment of complex dental problems, including restorative procedures, in order to provide her dental patients with the latest techniques. Restorative dentistry may include the treatment of gum disease, tooth decay, crooked teeth and replacing missing teeth.
Treating these types of concerns effectively will restore more than your smile. You will regain the ability to feel confident in professional and social settings. Dr. Elliott’s goal is to provide personalized treatment plans that meets your needs, your goals, and your budget.
Restorative Dentistry Services
Dr. Elliott offers restorative dentistry treatments that are customized to your particular needs and goals. She begins every dental restoration case with a comprehensive and through oral health exam at her Fallston, MD dentist office. She will examine your teeth, gums, bite, face and neck.
A series of treatments including preventive, cosmetic and restorative procedures will be recommended. Dr. Elliott works with patients to build treatment plans that fit within their budgets, complement their lifestyle, and meets their goals and needs.
We offer the range of restorative dentistry necessary to meet your needs and bring back your natural smile including:
- Dental Crowns: a dental crown is often used to repair a damaged or decayed tooth, providing a “cap” that will strengthen and secure the tooth.
- Dental Implants: often considered the best long term option for replacing missing teeth, implants function much like a natural tooth.
- Dentures: they can replace consecutive missing teeth, or a full row of teeth. Not a permanent solution, but a step in filling the gaps of your smile.
- Dental Bridge: bridges can be used as a conservative method to replace a missing tooth, or teeth, using neighboring teeth as support for a custom fit prosthetic tooth.
- Porcelain Veneers: also used for cosmetic changes, veneers can also be used to repair minor tooth damage and maintain the integrity of a natural tooth.
Schedule a Dental Exam Today
To learn more about how Dr. Elliott can help you restore a functional smile with restorative dentistry in the Bel Air, MD and Fallston, MD area, schedule an appointment with Harford County Dentistry.